Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
It seems that fall is upon us in Little Elm! Football is back, cool(er) weather is here, and the annual activities put on by the Town are showing up on our calendars. Fall is a favorite season for many individuals because it not only means a respite from the brutal temperatures of the Texas summer but because it means new, fun things to do, too! Here are five things that you can do this fall in Little Elm:
1. Have a Fire on the Beach. Gathering around a fire with friends is one of the quintessential functions of fall. Did you know that the Little Elm Beach features several fire pits? Anyone can use the fire pits, but remember they are first come, first served. Be sure to bring your firewood and plenty of supplies for s’mores!
2. Hit a Trail and Take in the Sights. The Town of Little Elm features several trails for walking, running, and bicycling. Many portions of our trail system feature mature trees that will soon feature the colors of autumn. Is birdwatching your thing? If so, you may be excited to know that Little Elm is in the Central Flyway, the bird migration route commonly taken by birds moving from Canada to the Southern United States and Mexico late in the year. You may be pleasantly surprised to see how many different birds you will see along your way! Take a picture of a bird, other wildlife, or fall foliage and share it with us on our Facebook or Instagram.
3. Sit on a Patio. Fall means temperatures are cooling off and that means it is the perfect time to sit on the patio of your favorite Little Elm restaurant. Plan a patio meetup with friends, enjoy the cool weather and great food!
4. Take in a Football Game. Fall means Friday Night Lights. Cheer on your favorite football team and then head to your favorite Little Elm post-game hangout afterward! Click here for the Little Elm ISD football schedule, the Frisco ISD football schedule, and the Denton ISD football schedule.
5. Take Time Out for a Town Event. This fall features two great events, the Pumpkin Hollow and the Fire Department Open House. Sadly, we had to cancel Pumpkin Hollow due to the rain. But go ahead and get Christmas on the Beach on your calendars!
Pumpkin Hollow: Our 2018 Pumpkin Hollow is canceled due to inclement weather. If you have picked up a pumpkin to carve for the trail, please enjoy at your home. We hope to see you next year.
Fire Department Open House: It is time for the Annual Fire Department Open House! This year’s event will be held on Saturday, October 6, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and will feature fire station and equipment tours and demonstrations, bounce houses, health information exhibits, face painting and much more. Learn more by visiting the event page here.
To keep up with all of the events in the Town of Little Elm view our Fall/Winter 2018 Activity Guide or visit www.littleelm.org.