Mailbox Leveling Partnership Program
The program is a shared cost partnership between Little Elm residents and the Town of Little Elm formed by the use of an official request by the resident. Once approved by the Town, work is completed by a local contractor and the paid in full receipt for services is provided to the Town of Little Elm for inspection. The Town will share the cost of work to level the residents mailbox at a rate of 50 percent expense to a maximum of $400 per single mailbox and $500 per double mailbox. The program is for mailboxes that are a minimum of 5 percent off level. For more information, call 972-377-5556.
- Residents requesting mailbox leveling shall be the registered TOLE Water customer and occupying the residence.
- There must be an approved application prior to the repair being made. Email completed application to Public Works.
- Anything less than 5 percent off level will not be approved. You can also apply using MyGov Online Request.
- Repairs will be performed by a contractor. You can find registered contractors by clicking HERE..
- Repairs made must be per Town specification.
- Repair/leveling must be inspected to insure specifications are met.
- Must provide proof of payment in full to the approved contractor, before and after photos of the mailbox being leveled, and W-9 form along with reimbursement application. Email completed application to Public Works.
- Normal working hours are for inspections are Monday–Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Whenever possible the mailbox will be leveled without dismantling the mailbox and placed on the new foundation.
- Contractors must always use due care to maintain the integrity of the mailbox being repaired. However, there are occasions that once a mailbox is disturbed, leveled or lifted onto a foundation, the structure may come apart. In these cases rebuilding the mailbox will be required, resulting in increased cost. In this case the Town would pay the maximum pay out for the single mailbox ($400) or the double mailbox ($500) only.
- Resident is responsible for continuation of mail during repair. For example, the resident may install a temporary mailbox while repairs are being made.
- SEARCH OUR LIST OF REGISTERED CONTRACTORS TODAY!