The Town of Little Elm and the Little Elm Police Department is pleased to offer their police officers opportunities for off-duty assignments. However, the department must ensure that you and/or your business agree to certain conditions before allowing off-duty officers' placement. These conditions are as follows:
- Members of the Little Elm Police Department are prohibited from accepting off-duty assignments wherein the actual or potential use of law enforcement powers or other public safety-related authority is anticipated unless such assignments are scheduled through the Little Elm Police Department.
- Any arrangements made with any individual officer will not be honored.
- The off-duty rate for general security is $45 an hour per officer.
- The off-duty rate for Traffic Direction/Control is $50 an hour per officer.
- The off-duty rate for short notice (less than 72 hours notice) is $60 an hour per officer.
- The off-duty rate for Holiday Interior is $60 an hour per officer.
- Officers are guaranteed a four-hour minimum at the required rate based on assignment.
- If the event requires five or more officers, one of the five officers must be a supervisor. The hourly rate for a supervisor is $50, and the holiday rate for a supervisor, if required, is $65.
- Checks are to be made payable to the individual officer(s).
- Failure to cancel the job/event at least two hours before the event will result in the requesting organization being charged the officer's four-hour minimum off-duty rate.
Holiday rates will apply to the entire weekend if the holiday is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. For example, if the holiday falls on a Friday, the holiday rate will apply Friday through Sunday. If the holiday is on Monday, the rate will apply Saturday through Monday.
The Little Elm Police Department recognizes the following nine holidays:
New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
To request an Off Duty Officer, please fill out our online form here, call 214-975-0464, or send an email to Lt. Marcus Maxie at firstname.lastname@example.org.