Right-of-Way Permits


The Town of Little Elm requires a right-of-way permit prior to performing any construction work in the right-of-way or easements within the Town. There are two options to file your construction permit:

  • Submit a completed a permit application  by visiting the Engineering division located on the second floor of Little Elm Town Hall.
  • You can also email your completed and signed application form and construction plans directly to the Engineering Coordinator for review.


Right-of-way permits are typically processed within 10 business days of receiving the completed application and supporting documents. Once the application has been processed, the applicant will be notified that the permit is available and the work may begin.

Right-Of-Way Work

Work within the right-of-way must have all existing utilities located prior to starting construction. To have the water and sewer lines located, please call 214-975-0471 at least 48 hours before you plan on starting construction. 
contruction permit