Trash, Recycling, Bulk & Brush Service Information
Little Elm Utility Customers are serviced by Community Waste Disposal (CWD) for picking up and removing trash, recycling, bulk trash, and brush. Trash and recycling occur weekly, while bulk and brush are serviced bi-weekly (twice a month.) You can find additional details on services below in our 2023 Solid Waste Guide.
Key Phone Numbers
For additional trash and bulk trash service, questions about your trash bill, or if your trash was not picked up, please contact the Town of Little Elm Utility Billing Customer Service at 214-975-0480.
95-gallon Trash and Recycling Cart Placement Procedures | Cart Storage
All 95-gallon trash and recycling carts shall be placed at the curbside by 7 a.m. on designated collection days, but 95-gallon carts and recycling containers shall not be placed out for collection earlier than 7 p.m. before the day of the scheduled collection. Carts also must be placed at least four feet from mailboxes or obstructions such as vehicles.
All 95-gallon trash and recycling carts must be stored behind the front building line of your home, not curbside. Residents may place carts out by the street on the day before service after 7 p.m. Carts must be removed from curbside by 7 a.m. the day after services. Your homeowner's association may have a more stringent requirement to place carts out of view.
Trash outside the cart will not be picked up. The cart should be placed at the edge of the street with the lid closed and 4 feet of clearance space on either side of the cart. Please place the cart handle facing your house and within 3 feet of the curb. Overloaded carts will not be serviced.
Bi-Weekly Bulk & Brush Pick Up
Town of Little Elm residents with regularly scheduled trash and recycling pickup are also provided a pre-scheduled bulk and brush pickup service twice a month beginning with the first (full week) of each month. Your pre-scheduled pickup week is based on your regular trash recycling route day. See below to determine your bulk pickup day.
Items must be placed curbside no later than 7 a.m. on Mondays or will not be picked up until your next bulk service date.
- A maximum of six cubic yards per household will be picked up on each bulk service day.
- Items must be placed neatly on the curb, not in the right-of-way or the roadway, and not blocking storm drains.
- CWD works to complete bulk routes by Wednesday each week; however, pick-up may take longer if there is a high volume of bulk trash.
CWD will run until all routes are completed. Thank you in advance for your patience. For questions, please contact Public Works at 972-377-5556 or Utility Billing Customer Service at 214-975-0480.
Items Not Accepted:
- Hazardous Waste
- Construction Materials
- Remodeling Debris
What Items Are Accepted:
Bulk refuse items are items that do not fit in your cart, such as:
- Refrigerators/Freezers (refrigerant must be properly removed, and the item must be tagged)
- White metal goods
- Water tanks
- Yard waste (must be bagged)
- Tree limbs, fencing, and other debris must be bundled and tied into four-foot by two-foot bundles of less than 50 pounds.
- Christmas trees (free of all ornaments, lights, and stands)
How to Dispose of Syringes/Sharps and Prescription Medications
Twice a year in April and October, the Little Elm Police Department hosts a drug take-back event to collect expired or unused medications.
Syringes are not accepted at these events, but we've put together information below with more information on disposal.
- Place needles/syringes in a hard plastic or metal container with a tightly secured lid (empty laundry detergent/bleach containers work well)
- Reinforce the container with heavy-duty tape
- Label the container—syringes, sharps, or needles
- Dispose of the sealed container in your household trash
- Don't use glass or clear containers
- Don't use thin plastics such as soda bottles—they are easily pierced
- Don't put the container in the recycle bin
- Don't throw loose needles in the recycle bin