Do you want to make a difference? Consider working for the Little Elm Police Department. Our environment and organizational culture set us apart. See details below or view current openings.
The Little Elm Department currently consists of more than 80 full-time police officers. Members of the department are committed to providing the residents and visitors of Little Elm professional and responsible police services. If you have any comments or suggestions on how we may better serve you please feel free to contact us at 214-975-0460. We would love to hear from you.
The Little Elm Police Department shall strive to develop personnel and programs that meet the growing needs of the community we serve by creating effective partnerships and ensuring the quality of life of all citizens is enhanced by the practice of fair and impartial police services while treating everyone with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Customer Service – We will provide our citizens with the best customer service possible by being good communicators, displaying transparency, being consistent in our decisions, and always being respectful.
Integrity – We will hold ourselves accountable to our community and our coworkers by having a strong moral compass. We shall be honest, truthful, and ethical in our personal and professional lives.
Efficiency – We will be mindful that we are public servants and must ensure that we utilize community resources in the best methods possible while delivering our services in a cost-effective manner.
Innovation – We will continually search for procedures and processes to identify and deliver the best community policing possible.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have valid Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Police Officer License
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- No Class B Misdemeanor convictions within the last ten years
- Online Application
- Pre-Background Invitation Letter with Personal History Statement. Note, please monitor all your email mailboxes including SPAM or junk folders for correspondence
- Schedule Pre-Background Interview
- Completion of Personal History Statement
- Pre-Background Interview
- Comprehensive Background Investigation
- Board Interview
- Chief Interview
- Conditional Officer
- Psychological Test
- Doctor Physical and Drug Screening
- Start Date
- Police Officer starting salary $62,236 per year based on a 12-hour shift/84-hour schedule (two weeks)
- Full health benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance
- 2:1 matching retirement through Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
- Specialty certification pay and education pay are available
- Longevity pay
If you have any questions, please contact:
Lieutenant Stoney Ward
Little Elm Police Department
Little Elm Police Department Jobs