Driving Safety Course
The Driving Safety Course option allows the defendant to complete a six-hour, Texas Education Agency (TEA now known as TDLR) certified course to keep a citation off of their record. This is an option that is available to a defendant once every twelve (12) months. Upon completion of the course, the defendant will bring the certificate of completion and a copy of their driving record to the Court as proof of compliance, the citation will be dismissed and the only thing that gets reported to the Department of Public Safety is the course completion date.
If you wish to exercise this option, you must provide notice to the Court on or before the initial appearance date listed on your citation. Do not complete a Driving Safety Course until you are granted permission to do so by the Court.
You may make a request for Driving Safety Course at www.paylittleelm.com
Price: $144 or $169 (if the offense occurred in a school zone)
- Proof of a valid Texas driver's license
- Proof of current liability insurance listing the defendant as an eligible driver
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest
- Defendant could not have taken a Driving Safety Course within twelve months preceding the date of the alleged offense, and, you cannot be in the process of taking the course for another citation.
- You cannot be charged with any of the following offenses:
- Speeding 25 miles or more over the speed limit
- Passing a school bus
- Moving violation within a posted construction zone with workers present
- Committing a moving violation while operating a commercial motor vehicle
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- You are not eligible if you held a Commercial Driver's License at the time of the offense @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>